Children’s International Film Festival in Iran
Children’s International Film Festival in Iran
The 27th International Film Festival for Children and Young Adults was held in the historical city of Isfahan. A large group of Iranian and international cineastes and children flocked to the year’s festival that kicked off in October 6, 2013. This year’s festival screened 75 films from 40 countries in two main sections of the international cinema and international animation.
The participated films represented countries such as Poland, Canada, Argentine, Australia, Italy, India, Taiwan, Turkey, France and Russia.
Three Iranian films and 11 movies created by foreign filmmakers were selected to go on screen in the international section of the festival.
“Oshin” by Shin Togashi from Japan, “Satellite Boy” by Catriona McKenzie from Australia and “Patty’s Ketchup” by Tina von Traben from Germany were among the festival’s international lineup.
Iran’s Farabi Cinematic Foundation International Department Director Amir Esfandiari, the Documentary and Experimental Film Center (DEFC) Director Shafi Aqamohammadian, Iranian filmmaker Ebrahim Forouzesh, the actress Vishka Asayesh and the animation artist Bahram Azimi served the selection panel.
Japan is scheduled to honor the 27th Iranian Festival of Films for Children and Young Adults with its peace symbol known as ‘Paper Cranes (Origami Cranes)’.
Japanese peace activist Masahiro Sasaki and a number of Japanese children are also to attend the event. Masahiro is the older brother of the Sadako Sasaki who was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 11 due to result of the radiation from the atomic bomb in Hiroshima when she was two. According to the traditional Japanese belief, the paper crane is a symbol of luck; based on the belief, Sadako spent her time in a nursing home creating origami cranes in hope of making a thousand of them to be granted a wish.
Founded in 1985, Isfahan’s children’s film festival was part of Fajr International Film Festival in its first three years.
In the Closing Ceremony of the 27th ICFF, Winners of Iranian Cinema Competition Were Announced. According to the report by our reporter winners of Iranian Cinema Competition were announced:
Full-Length Video (Feature Film) in Iranian Cinema Competition
A) Nominated for the Golden Butterfly for the Best Full-length Video (Feature Film) (Producer):
1-"Ashi Mashi, Little Sparrow", Produced by Vahid Nikkhah Azad
2- "Kindergarten Operation", Produced by Roya Sharif
3- "All Alone", Produced by Edris Abdipour
4- "He Throws Stones Well" Produced by Ebrahim Asghari
* Diploma of Honor for the Best Film (Producer) goes to: Ms. Roya Sharif for the movie "KINDERGARTEN OPERATION"
* The Golden Butterfly for the Best Film (Producer) goes to: Mr.Edris Abdipour for the movie "ALL ALONE"
B) Nominated for the Golden Butterfly for the Best Director:
1. "All Alone" directed by Ehsan Abdipour
2. "Ashi Mashi, Little Sparrow" directed by Vahid Nikkhah Azad, Gholam Reza Ramzani, Masoud Keramati
3. " Time Travel" directed by Amir Shahab Razavian
* The Golden Butterfly for the Best Film (Director) goes to: Mr.Edris Abdipour for the movie "ALL ALONE"
C) Nominated for the Golden Butterfly for the Best Scriptwriter:
1. "He Throws Stones Well"(Bardou), (Seyyed Hadi Mohaghegh)
2. "Ashi Mashi, Little Sparrow", (Vahid Nikkhah Azad)
3. "All Alone", (Ehsan Abdipour)
* The Golden Butterfly for the Best Film (Scriptwriter) goes to: Mr. Seyyed Hadi Mohaghegh for the movie "HE THROWS STONES WELL"(BARDOU)
D) The Golden Butterfly for the Best Literary Adaptation: Jury Members did not announce any awards for this section.
E) Nominated for the Golden Butterfly for the Best Young Performer & Actor:
1) Meysam Farhoumand for the movie "All Alone"
2) Negar Nikkhah Azad for the movie "Ashi Mashi, Little Sparrow"
* Diploma of Honor for the Best Young Performer & Actor goes to : Ms. Negar Nikkhah Azad for the movie "ASHI MASHI, LITTLE SPARROW "
* The Golden Butterfly for the Best Young Performer & Actor goes to: Mr. Meysam Farhoumand for the movie "ALL ALONE"
And Nominated for the Golden Butterfly for the Best Creative Technical or Artistic Achievements:
1) Mr. Amir and Mr. Kameran Saharkhiz for the movie "Time Travel"
2) Mr. Naser Cheshm Azar and Amir Reza Moatamedi for the movie "Kindergarten Operation"
* Diploma of Honor for the Best Creative Technical or Artistic Achievements goes to : Mr. Naser Cheshm Azar for composing the music of "KINDERGARTEN OPERATION " and Mr. Amir Reza Moatamedi for Visual effects of "KINDERGARTEN OPERATION"
* The Golden Butterfly for the Best Creative Technical or Artistic Achievements goes to: Mr. Amir Saharkhiz and Mr. Kameran Saharkhiz for the visual effects of "TIME TRAVEL"
F) The Golden Butterfly of Special Jury Prize is awarded to:
Mr.Gholamreza Ramzani, Masoud Keramati and Vahid Nikkhah Azad, Directors of "ASHI MASHI, LITTLE SPARROW"
G) The Golden Butterfly of Special Prize of Martyr Behnam Mohammadi is awarded to: Amir Hossein Rafi'a, for performing in the movie, "LONG SUMMER"
H) The Special Award by Isfahan Jury of Children & Young Adults is awarded to: Amir Hossein Rafi'a, for performing in the movie, "KINDERGARTEN OPERATION" (Roya Sharif).
Compiled by Arnika Yari
Hazrat Mohammad (PBUH) was born in the year 570 CE (53 years before the Hijrah) in the town of Mecca, a town in the high desert plateau of western Arabia. His name derives from the Arabic verb Hamada, meaning "to praise, to glorify."
Most of the works of Al-Biruni are in Arabic although he wrote one of his masterpieces, the Kitab al-Tafhim apparently in both Persian and Arabic, showing his mastery over both languages.
White Cane Day, as an international awareness raising event, celebrates the importance of the white cane and promotes a safe environment for long cane users
Imam Ali al-Naghi (a.s.) known as Imam Hadi – the tenth leader of Shia Muslims – was born on the 15th of Zul-Hajja, 212 AH. His father – Imam Javad (a.s.)
"...l hope people everywhere will join in observing this Day (Nowruz). At a time of crisis, upheaval and change, including in the very regions where the holiday is rooted, let the spirit of Nowruz prevail."